- JUL 13th @ Private Outdoor Range
July 13, 2018
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- AUG 10th @ Private Outdoor Range
August 10, 2018
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
During the summer months of 2018, our chapter meetings are held the 2nd Friday of the month at 6pm at a private outdoor range (in the cooler months our monthly meetings are held at SRC’s indoor range).
Each meeting explores a topic related to firearms and personal protection as we educate, equip, and empower ladies on the path to taking responsibility for their own personal protection.
Summer 2018 Meeting Topics
June 8th —- Essential Pistol for Effective Gun Handling
July 13th —- Safe, Legal & Effective Concealed Carry
August 10th —- Mindfulness & Effective De-Escalation Practices
Advance registration is required for the June, July, August, and September meetings.
Please register here or by emailing SpokaneTWAW@gmail.com. When your registration is received, you will receive an email with driving directions to the private range where we will be meeting.
There will be instructors and Range Safety Officers on hand to help shooters with any trouble spots they may have and to offer input for improved safety, gun handling, and marksmanship.
Cost is $25 per person and the fee includes range fee, targets (paper and steel), snap caps, and any additional training supplies.
If you register but have a change of plans, we are unable to issue a refund, but we are able to transfer your registration to a different date. Just let us know by email at SpokaneTWAW@gmail.com and we’ll get it done.
- your eye & ear protection
- your handgun
- 2 magazines for your handgun
- ammunition for your handgun, approximately 100 rounds
- an appropriate holster that is made for your SPECIFIC handgun (strong side; outside the waist band; made from Kydex or leather so that it remains open on its own in order to facilitate one-handed holstering; it is strongly recommended that you avoid holsters with any degree of forward cant as forward cant holsters rarely work for ladies). PLEASE NOTE: it is extremely unusual to find an appropriate holster for your specific handgun at a local retailer. These holsters need to be ordered from an online holster maker. ALSO PLEASE NOTE: This type of holster is quite different than the type of holster that you would use for concealed carry — this is more of a range/practice holster which allows for safe drawing and safe holstering.
- a sturdy belt that keeps your holster firmly in place during each step of the draw stroke is essential to having a safe, productive range experience
- magazine holder (optional)
If you do not yet own an appropriate handgun or holster for your handgun, please email us and we will share with you some possible options. We don’t want you to miss out on a meeting because you don’t have the necessary equipment — so send us an email!
Steps to join The Well Armed Women of Spokane Rifle Club and participate in the live-fire range
1. Become a member (and maintain active membership). To get an idea of what we’re all about, ladies may attend their first chapter meeting as our guest (no membership required to attend your first meeting). In order to participate in the shooting activities at meetings, membership is required.
2. Complete a basic handgun course with an NRA certified instructor. You can do this through Kaery Concealed’s 1st Shots courses at Spokane Rifle Club or there are several other NRA certified instructors in the area that we are happy to tell you about. Any requested exceptions need to be discussed with Kaery.
About The Well Armed Woman
The Well Armed Woman Shooting Chapters program is expanding the world of firearms to women all over the country in a safe, non-threatening way with the purpose of educating, equipping and empowering women firearm owners.
TWAW Shooting Chapters is a non-profit program that was founded by women for women who organize local groups around the country that meet monthly to practice, learn and grow as safe, responsible shooters — the organization is comprised of 370 chapters in 49 states with over 11,000 members (and growing daily).
While the SpokaneTWAW Chapter’s mission is to educate, equip, and empower women in the shooting world, our group is about more than shooting — it’s also about encouragement, support, friendship, growth, fun, and much MUCH more.
If you are interested in safe storage of firearms, concealed carry, home defense, or you just want the challenge of learning something new, please join us for a chapter meeting to see what we’re all about.
“As a chapter leader, I regularly witness the transformation that takes place in our chapter members when they begin the journey of learning how to shoot or when they begin the steps to take responsibility for their own protection — and during that journey, they develop or discover a confidence in themselves that positively impacts all areas of their lives.” Kaery, Spokane Chapter Leader