- October 24, 2020 - October 25, 2020
8:00 am - 5:30 pm
CONCEALED CARRY: ADVANCED SKILLS & TACTICS WITH JOHN MURPHY OF FPF TRAINING AT FERNAN ROD & GUN CLUB IN COEUR D’ALENE, ID
Please visit this link for registration information.
Concealed Carry: Advanced Skills and Tactics is a 2-day, 20-hour course designed to inform and instruct lawfully armed citizens in their defensive decisions and equip them with realistic skills that enable an effective and lawful approach to personal security concerns.
Employing a highly dynamic combination of lecture, demonstration, and practical application, the course goes past the concentration on shooting skills that most concealed carry classes focus on and provides a combination of “hard” and “soft” skills and strategies “Beyond the Gun” that opens minds and options for armed citizens.
The class will consist of approximately four hours of video “view ahead,” four hours of lecture and practical application on Saturday from 0800-1200, and six hours of intensive pistol skills. Sunday is 100% range time incorporating those lessons in a challenging and PRACTICAL live fire environment. Your mind will be educated on how to use your mouth, your feet and situationally appropriate levels of force.
Specific course content and methodology relies heavily on incorporating the science of “Recognition Primed Decisions”, deriving lessons from security videos of actual events and honing the skills most needed by ordinary people that find themselves in extraordinary circumstances.
- Developing the defensive mindset and decision-making process
- Tactics and techniques to support the Awareness, Avoidance, De-Escalation, Evasion paradigm
- Conflict Communications
- Pre-Incident criminal behavior
- Managing Unknown Contacts (Credit to Craig Douglas)
- Employing pepper spray
- Stopping bleeding with pressure dressing and tourniquets
- Shooting in 3D: Pistol ballistics and human anatomy
- Shooting drills and skills derived from incidents involving armed citizens
- Decisive Movement
- And much, much more that you won’t see in other classes!
- 800 rounds of ball ammunition (factory is preferred)
- the pistol you carry
- a QUALITY holster (No SERPA type or floppy nylon!)
- 4 magazines, eye and ear protection
- weather appropriate clothing, sunscreen, and bug repellent
- notepad and pen
- all the usual stuff you need on the range
Students must have had prior formal training in safety, marksmanship and presenting the pistol from concealment. All shooting will be conducted from concealment!
Kaery will be attending this course as a student. This course is not offered through Kaery Concealed and does not fall under the Kaery Concealed retake policy.